Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The view from the expensive seats

I somehow got stuck in some of the best seats in the house. The place is packed. Bill Frist, the senate majority leader is giving a speech on the subject of health insurance. He denounced John Edwards as a preditor and and attacks Kerry again and again about the damage that the raising of malpractice insurance rates has hurt the industry. Edwards will have to respond to that, and no doubt he could do it.

A "CJ" interviews a couple of delegates and the then someone else starts speaking. Something has happened to the sound system and you can't really hear what she is saying. Right now I'm sitting next to A delegate from Virginia and who gave his credentials to an alternate and he's a lawyer who's doing some malpractice cases..he here to lobby some of the senators who are considering the judicial nominations in his state. The secretary of education is speaking, and as far as I know he's the only one in the cabinet who's speaking at the convention this year. I've got a really good view of the presidential box, where Bush sr and his family are watching the show. I can't really hear a thing as the delegates are talking about trading credentials and getting on the floor. I've done it once already and I guess I don't have to do it again, especially as I have a really good views of the arena.

The guy next to me and I discuss frivolous lawsuits and what it's done to West Virginia, there seem to be no doctors left in the state. We also talk about travel and how to get around the city. He's actually a very nice guy for a Republican.

Some other people talk and we seem to notice how bad the acustics are. We either can't hear all that well, or what's being said is soo boring that we can't really listen properly. The Leutenant Governor of Maryland denounces the Democrats and the crowd eats it up. Everyone's waiting for the main event....the governator.

He's not a particulary good speaker, but he gets a lot of applause as he calls the Democrats "girlie men." He gets a standing ovation when he mentioned Richard Nixon, the first time I heard his name mentioned in Decades at one of these things. The guy sitting next to me reminds me to mention that it was what Nixon stood for that was being applauded for, not the man himself. In deference to him I'll do it, but I don't believe it for a minute. Arnie spoke for the better part of an hour and the hall was ecstatic. As Arnie left with the sound of thuderous applause in his ears, so did I.

25 comments:

alena said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

hiro said...

Nice blog. Please check out my quicken lawyer site. It is all about quicken lawyer informations.

Tom Naka said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some car health life home insurance
research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out car health life home insurance

fahrrad.de said...

Vous avez un blog très agréable et je l'aime, je vais placer un lien de retour à lui dans un de mon blogs qui égale votre contenu. Il peut prendre quelques jours mais je ferai besure pour poster un nouveau commentaire avec le lien arrière.

Merci pour est un bon blogger.

Johnny said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's informative. I have a website about **Plasma and LCD TV review**, please visit and hope that it's useful for you to choose your flat-panel TV.

Anonymous said...

I discuss this topic daily myself. I also have a website that talks about business female new owner resource related things. Go check it out if you get a chance.

Johnny said...

Traffic is the life of every website. This free traffic handbook is helpful and update, read it carefully and apply the methods it mentioned, your website traffic will boost!

Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a affiliate banner exchange site/blog. It pretty much covers affiliate banner exchange related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

blaze said...

Great site very informative topics on michigan health insurance.
I have been working on a site about michigan health insurance
and would be very pleased if you would take a look and let me know what you think.

Anonymous said...

Learn how to quickly create an RSS feeds with our RSS feeder, for high link popularity and ultimately better search engine rankings.

Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a internet marketing ebook site/blog. It pretty much covers internet marketing ebook related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Plasma Television Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering Plasma Television related stuff. Feel free to visit my Plasma Television site.

Hoodia said...

Help me Dude, I think I'm lost..... I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw him in a car lot yesterday, which is really strange because the last time I saw him was in the supermarket. No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender". He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a San Diego cosmetic surgery doctor ,to fit into those blue suede shoes of yours. But Elvis said in the Ghetto nobody can afford a San Diego plastic surgery doctor. Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger. Then I'm gonna go round and see Michael Jackson and we're gonna watch a waaaay cool make-over show featuring some Tijuana dentists on the TV in the back of my Hummer. And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . . "You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on " Strange day or what? :-)

Anonymous said...

For the next hurricane rita update ; the easy way to keep going.

Barton said...

This site gives away FREE tickets to Las Vegas shows. They have other great Las Vegas stuff including info about thunder from down under tickets Check it out thunder from down under tickets

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a james holdenshirt site called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time

-Holden Tees

Plasma TV Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering plasma television technology
related stuff. Feel free to visit my plasma television technology
site.

Plasma TV Center said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about hd plasma television
so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work!

answer-man said...

Hello just stopped by to view your blog and to let all interested know I am offering free plumbing repair information and safety tips for California residents and all others interested. If you are not interested then please excuse us and please disregard this comment.

For Plumbing Press Release and Free Plumbing Repair Information please feel free and stop by and read and take advantage of our blog info or viist **A-Affordableplumbing.Com** Thank you and have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for the informative blog! I'm a webmaster of sony xbr television

Joe Berenguer said...

Hi Blogger! I like your blog! Keep up the
good work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my site:
insurance center
It pretty much covers insurance center related issues.
Best regards!

automobile insurance nationwide said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my automobile insurance nationwide site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

automobile insurance subrogation said...

Hey Fellow, you have a top-notch blog here!
If you have a moment, please have a look at my automobile insurance subrogation site.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

gifts inspirational sisters If You want to see something great about gifts inspirational sisters then you have got to visit http://lifegoalsetting.com/2/index.html

Anonymous said...

Undeniably consider that which you said. Your favourite justification appeared to be on the web the simplest factor to remember of. I say to you, I certainly get irked even as folks consider issues that they plainly do not realize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , other people can take a signal. Will likely be again to ge
http://educationhint.eu