Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The perils of oversleeping

The second session of the RNC was for the most part rather boring. The reason for this was mostly that the good speeches started rather later than they were supposed to and the tributes and "rolling roll call" tended to make one's eyes begin to feel heavy.

The two "real" speeches, I'm gave up and went home and watched McCain on TV, were far more partisan than they were in Boston. I didn't like Hastert's speech at all, McCain was far better. I couldn't take it anymore so I went to bed and woke up ten hour later. I missed Guliani entirely. There's a clip of it at AOL, but they won't let us with Macs see it. Damn them!!!!

If there's a riot, it's going to happen today. The A31 coalition is planning it's "takover of the convention this evening and it might indeed get hairy. In the meantime, I'm going to get more coffee....

No comments: