Saturday, May 14, 2005

This is actually working...wow!

I've been trying to get this up for the better part of two days and I've finally got it working!

Okay, there's so much to talk about and so little time before my next screening, so I'm going to have to make this fast:

First the parties: I went to two of them so far. The first was given by Dreamworks for the new Wallace and Gromit movie, and they had a really good buffet. I managed to talk to one of the co-directors and he told me that the extremely troubled Tortoise and the Hare was back on track, which is very good indeed as it started production about five years ago and was supposed to have been out last year.

Did I mention the buffet? Good.

The second one was yesterday. It was run for the AFI, and while the company was just as good the food was definately not. Just ordourves and not very good ones at that. I discovered that those moldy old business cards that I thought I had run out of ages ago actually were useful. There are lots and lots of people trying to buy and sell product and I might be able to get into some of the more interesting-looking market screenings.

The theme of this year's market is "horror" and there are plenty of them this year. One poster had the tag line "God is alive and he's coming to KILL YOU!!!" Really cool. I've got a screening in fifteen minutes and may not make it....wish me luck.

No comments: