Monday, May 09, 2005

Eight in the Morning, Eastern Standard Time

So here we are, sitting in the same seat as always, basically hanging out in front of my computer surfing the web and not getting much done that's constructive. The morning will be filled with the usual chores, boring as all hell, but this stuff has to be done. Fortunately I did my laundry over the weekend. I hate doing laundry.


The afternoon will be different, of course. Around 3:30 in the afternoon we begin our journey east. First to Kennedy airport and then to Amsterdam international airport, where if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get on the connecting flight to Nice, France.

If I don't, there's a six-hour layover. I guess I can go to Amsterdam itself and get myself a toke, but with the price of marijuana what it is, maybe something else might would be better.

The object of all this travel is the Cannes Film Festival in the beautious Côte d'Azur, where the temperatures in the mid to upper 80s and the elite hang out to do business. They do that here too, but I generally don't get invited.

So who knows what's going to happen. This is going to be a real experience.

No comments: