Saturday, September 02, 2006

Toronto: day —2

The weather outside is frightful. The reminents of Hurricane Ernesto are dumping rain on New York City and while it isn't nearly as bad as it could be, it's still dank and drab. I've got to go to the international money exchange in order to get Canadian currency. Then there's the other stuff like laundry and finishing cleaning up the place. I hate that, which is why my place looks like the Collyer brothers'.

The Press screening schedule just went online yesterday afternoon and it was exactly as I feared: all the good stuff is screening simultaniously. It's going to be pretty hairy for the eight days I'm going to be up there. There might not be enough time to do all the updates planned, but we've got no choice, now, do we? I managed to get the reviews for Crank and Wicker Man to the guys at the Greenwich Villiage Gazette just in time. For some strange reason, the only major market where Idiocracy isn't showing is here in New York, but it's showing in Toronto and that'll be part of the coverage, assuming that I could find the theater.

The Commies in Mexico wouldn't let President Fox make his final State of the Nation speech, which shows how they hate democracy. It's sad really, and speaking of antidemocratic tendancies, the British telefilm Death of a President, which looks with glee at the death of President Bush, is making headlines all over the place and is the first big controversy for the Toronto film festival. I'm going to see it next week.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to find a sweater.

No comments: