Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Day After

I was going to go to the Democratic Victory party, but there I was just out of the shower and it was getting to nine in the evening and I had to get to bed soon....aw, fuck it.

The Democrats got the Congress back. This is a pretty nifty stunt, especially with the computer-generated gerrymandering and the fact that most of the Senate seats were slam dunks.

The Democrats took the Senate. Yeah, there's the bruhaha about Montana and Virginia, but the Republicans are going to have to pay for the recounts out of their own pockets and I don't think that they've got the cash for it. One thing I haven't seen yet is whether or not the Democrats took over the state Senate or not. I'll find out soon enough. I'm glad Hevesi got a bigger margin than Coumo did. that's really cool.

So what now? The Republicans are going to feign shock for a few days and start to live with it, then we'll see if they could play nice. Tom DeLay said that this is a "Lame Duck Majority" from the get-go. I hope not, but I can see where he's coming from.

No comments: